I mc in march my last period 1st week of April , I'm prego again , am I a high risk prego?

Having cramps but all prego symptoms normal

baca2jaire

Asked by baca2jaire at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would get to the OB/GYN as soon as possible, just to make sure!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:03 PM on May. 5, 2010

• yes you are a very high risk...especially since it is recommended that you wait and let your body recoup for one full year. i would get to the dr asap and let them know about yoour mc..good luck to you. and try to take it easy. i have dilevierer 2 and have had 3 mc...the last was very hard on my body and my emotions. this was a few months ago. i ended up having to have a d&c and after that didnt work i had to have a round of chemotherapy to try to get rid of the rest of the lingering cells...i was supposed to go back after that but the chemo scared me so much i never did...
    Anonymous

• ok so i soo can not type today...*delivered.
    Anonymous

• Just because you've had one miscarriage, it doesn't make you any more likely to have another one - that is unless there is a specific reason (like a hormone imbalance, etc.). I just had a mc in April, and my doc told me to wait 4 - 6 months, but that was purely for emotional reasons. If I were to mc again, it would be really difficult emotionally. But he said that it was safe after you have your period to become pregnant again.

And I look at it this way - if I'm no more likely to miscarry after my 1st period than I am in 6 months, then I'm going to go for it. I'm not going to sit around for 6 months waiting for possibly the same outcome. I would feel even worse after waiting and mc again because even more time would be lost!

Your doc might want to monitor your more closely this time, but I think you're okay! Good luck mommy! I hope to be in your shoes in a month too :)
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't know if one qualifies you as high risk, but you can certainly call a high risk specialist and ask. Get to an OB as soon as you can and have them check your hormones. My MC was due to low progesterone levels. When I got pregnant again I had to get a shot every week to maintain the imbalance.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:12 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I meant to prevent the imbalance. long day
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:13 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I conceived this baby shortly after a miscarriage and am not considered high risk. They don't usually worry until you've had 3 consecutive miscarriages, and I wasn't even told to wait to conceive again since it was my first. The only difference between this pregnancy has been that she checked my hcg early on and since it was low they did an ultrasound to check for heartbeat. Every ob is diffeent but I would say no you're not high risk. I'm sorry for your loss and congrats on this pregnancy!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:36 AM on May. 6, 2010