Were they wrong with the gender on your ultrasound??

I was told at 20 weeks that we were having a girl. The Dr. said that she looked like she was on a glass plate and they could see everything, but people keep saying that ultrasounds are so frequently wrong. Now I am afraid to buy anything. What was your experience?? I am curious if this is common.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nope. All 3 were predicted to be boys and I have 3 boys.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:13 PM on May. 5, 2010

• They were right for my boy. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 7:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• They were right on... Kind of hard not to be when she flipped so we could see her but then spread her legs! I was hoping they were wrong but I could even see very clearly she was a girl and so could dh (he was in bootcamp at the time). Everything and everyone said she was a boy: the Chinese gender predictor, the way I carried her, I even had an ob tell me because her heartbeat was so low she was a boy. But she is actually a very girly girl with her daddys temper and independence.
    Thus, ultrasound was right, gotta try harder for our boy next time! Lol
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I was told boys with all three and I have three boys. People will tell you all kinds of crap when you are pregnant and after you have your baby just to whig you out. People always know someone that had some horrible thing happen to them. Just ignore those people. Really if you pay them any mind, it will drive you insane with all of the what ifs.
    Have faith in your u/s tech, most likely they are right.
    :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Well I have 3 children and only one ultrasound was wrong. The midwife asked me what I was having when i went in to deliver and I exclaimed a boy! (huh yeah right) l. The next thing I knew I was holding a little girl lol. So needless to say she saw the mall before she saw her room lol. If you were told your having a boy it might just be a little girl who's umbilical cord is between her legs or it may have gotten in the way when they took the image.
    EvolutionofTara

Answer by EvolutionofTara at 7:20 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I was told I was by 2 techs and a dr that I was having a girl...I had a boy.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:25 PM on May. 5, 2010

• They were right with all 4 of my previous deliveries.

Answer by missanc at 7:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• If you were less than 20 weeks, i'd second guess, but at 20 weeks the labia in a girl aren't as swollen anymore (which sometimes makes techs think you're having a boy), and boy parts are pretty well pronounced so that it's hard to mistake a cord for a wee-wee. Wrong gender determnation happens a lot, and while some people may tell you to ignore those who say that, i'm sure you'd rather second guess and get a more positive confirmation then give birth to the opposite gender and have to exchange all your baby stuff. But at 20 weeks and a good, clear shot, you're most likely safe to buy pink.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 8:21 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Both of mine were right but both were stubborn. My girl had her ankles crossed, making it hard to tell. My doctor suspected that she was a girl but let us come back to double check. My boy wouldn't give the tech a good luck. She suspected boy but couldn't tell if he was a boy or if the cord was just in the way. The doctor came in and was very persistent and finally confirmed that he was a boy. She even pointed out his male anatomy. At my 37 week (I think) appointment, the doctor wanted to take a peek at the baby and made a commment about my baby girl. I freaked out so she took a better look and found his boy parts. Sure enough, he is a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 7, 2010