Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you "let it go" when you are still angry???

Recently my husband had an affair, we separated for a little while and have agreed on reconciliation. My question is how do i move past it? What are the steps for letting it go? I am still pretty pissed, so how can i overcome this?


Asked by MomOfDagJag at 7:20 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 14 (1,640 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I would sit down and talk about it keep talking about it ask questions not so much the who of it but the why get down to the hurt and keep working towards it. I would also find an activity for yourself a hobbie to work out the anger kick boxing aikido and mui tai often good for moments when you need to release. I would also go for counseling or even anger management. It helps to figure out where you want to be. GL

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

  • If you're still angry...your anger is going to effect everything you do. It is going to take over your relationship. If you are still very angry about need more time apart, and you're not ready to try again. You need more space. I wouldn't try starting over again right now if you're still angry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on May. 5, 2010

  • It does not sound like you are ready to forgive him. Has he shown you he is ready to be a fathful DH again. I am not talking about the words that are comming out of his mouth. I am talking about how he is acting and showing you he want to be with only you. Do you know where he is all the time. When you call him does he answer. Stuff like that.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on May. 5, 2010

  • I think a professional therapist is the only way to go, and even then, I am not convinced I could EVER get over that. I think that would be a total deal breaker and I would move on.

    Answer by salexander at 2:11 PM on May. 6, 2010