Chantix........... Your experiance

I've been on Chantix for the last few days and it makes me sick to even think of having a ciggarette. The weird dreams tho..............I have been kidnapped by the Cia, been shopping naked as well as at a haunted house naked. I honestly don't get where these thoughts are coming from, but I have one hell of a life going on in my dreams.

GMMOLLY

Asked by GMMOLLY at 7:21 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Health

• Makes you wonder why this drug was invented and who is responsible

Chantix was an experimental anti-drinking drug. During the study they noticed that the majority of people quit smoking without trying, although it didn't work for alcohol.

My husband and I both quit on Chantix. The dreams are wild but it really works. I do want to pass on the caution that you should drink lots and lots of water and cranberry juice because it' caused kidney infections in 2 of my friends who used it. GL on being a quitter! and Kudos for taking the first step!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My boss has the same thing. Makes you wonder why this drug was invented and who is responsible, doesn't it....

I wouldn't take that crap by the way....

scaryyyyyyy government crap...
    Anonymous

• Yup. I'm almost eight months quit, and I used Chantix. Crazy dreams. I was like you and it only took a few days for them to really kick in. I ended-up quitting at the end of the first week instead of the second. As you adjust to the low dose the cravings will come back a little, but when you start the second week...*poof*

Good luck on the quit!!!!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:31 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Thank you for the support, and for the cautions as well. I don't want to stay on this pill any longer than necessary with those kinds of risks....Do you think a week or two of detox is enough?
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 3:06 PM on May. 6, 2010

• OP Update.......... well, it had been over three weeks now and I quit the Chantix a week ago and The thought of Tobacco or alcohol makes me sick to my stomach. Part of my plan was to change my routines as well to break the association with the triggers. Thankfully though, I don't have any moments of weakness and for that I have to give thanks to God, for listening to my prayers.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 3:31 AM on May. 26, 2010