My daughter is 3 months old and I cant put her down. How do i fix this problem? I need help

Kable0120

Asked by Kable0120 at 7:30 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is not a "problem" it is a high need baby! Some babies need to be held a lot. Can you invest in a sling or other soft carrier so that you can wear her? She will outgrow it eventually. With most babies like this the more you hold them the better. If anyone tries to tell them you will spoil her that way just ignore them! Check out A STORY ABOUT OUR HIGH NEED BABY

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:34 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Get a wrap. you're not supposed to put the baby down. they NEED to be held.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• but my son wasnt like this at all, and i have house hold things that i need to get done without holding a baby
    Kable0120

Answer by Kable0120 at 7:47 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Which is why you use a wrap, and have your hands free.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Get a sling or baby bjorn and enjoy this special period of time. My baby was the same way. I miss it now that she's almost two, and won't let me hold very much anymore!! :-(
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:52 PM on May. 5, 2010

• She lived inside you for 9 months and heard you from the inside out. You are her security when she's in this big scary world. I wouldn't be too quick to put her down cause soon she won't want to me on mommy's lap. Get a baby wrap and wear her for a little longer. If it's that you need to cook or clean, swaddle her in one of your worn shirts so it smells like you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:14 PM on May. 5, 2010

• the reason behind her being so "clingy" is more than likely becuase you have held her while she slept or she sleeps in the bed with you. Simply get her her own bed and im sure that the "clingyness" will go away. good luck !!
    b.germany

Answer by b.germany at 8:19 PM on May. 5, 2010

• b.germany... I feel bad for any child in your care- babies need to be HELD, snuggled, LOVED. Not banished to some cold empty space... Man, you people.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:29 PM on May. 5, 2010

• survival instinct, its a good thing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:31 PM on May. 5, 2010

• She is a baby, aren't they supposed to be dependent?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:49 PM on May. 5, 2010