Do you believe in rapture?

If you do, why? And what scripture do you have to back it up? If you do not, why and what scripture do you have to back it up? Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 7:37 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1 thes. 4:13-17
    Christ will come with a SHOUT, no secret there. We will be caught up together with the righteous dead.
    Matt 24:27
    His coming will be as lightning. No secret there.
    All of chapter 24, in fact. As you said, it talks about the time of trouble, then Jesus coming to rescue his people.
    Rev 1:7
    Every eye will see him.
    Ultimately, the question would be, what scripture clearly talks about a secret rapture? I can't think of a single one. The ones that are used are totally nebulous and have to be tweaked to even be taken as a secret rapture.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• no i don't..and really, there is interpretive scripture to back up both beliefs. what really matters is whether you are set on 'go'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• are you genuinely wanting to know are are you trying to stir up trouble? i have answered a few of you other questions. but one after another like that i am not sure you intentions are good..however if they are i apologize for the misinterpretation of your intentions.
    Anonymous

• What bad intentions could I have? I personally got the impression about rapture from reading the bible on my own. Until the resurrection scene was read and it all did not add up. Alot of doctrines talk about us being raptured before anything goes wrong, but how can that be if we are going to be persecuted for our beliefs? Anyone's views? Just want to know others opinions and input that believe in the same book and word as I do. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:49 PM on May. 5, 2010

• ok sorry i misunderstood your intentions...i am on the defensive today ..there have been a lot of trouble makers on here lately...as soon as i would answer a question it would turn into a bash fest....but ne ways. yes i do believe in it. i am not a bible scholar but i have been taught that we are to be raptured first. but i have also been taught to challenge anything you have been taught to prove it is tru and just. well....i like in revelations. it is kinda scarey...so not recommended for a new christian. but it is all about the end times and the rapture. also i think the book of daniel talks about it. there are several other places to find out about it. i am mixed on it. i believe it will happen but i am not sure when. but that is the one thing that IS clear aobut it is that noone will know the hour it will happen. so i am not sure if anyone knows for sure if it is premilenial or not..
    Anonymous

• No I don't and I don't need scripture, I have common sense.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:04 PM on May. 5, 2010

• There are going to be numerous ressurections. But Jesus ressurrected people from death to earth, not heaven. I would like to know exactly what the rapture is. Ive heard of it but really havent studied it. I might get back with ya.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:05 PM on May. 5, 2010

• No I don't. But I don't have any scripture to back it up either. I just don't think it's going to happen or it should have already happened.

MT 16:28, MK 9:1, LK 9:27 Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.
    (Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. )

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:05 PM on May. 5, 2010

• and as for persecution it is an everyday thing currently..look around the world in christian news. and the very fact that people on here bash Christians for their beliefs is a perfect example of persecution...but around the world there are extreme levels of it going on ..even people being martered...
    Anonymous

• to autistic mom..is is close to it i believe. think aobut it from begign of time to noah/flood about 2000 years...noah to jesus 2000 years jesus to now 2000 years..see a trend? besides the signs that the bible talk about are coming to pass. like the bible says that Isreal will becoma a nation again and before tha generation that was living when it happened passed jesus would come again. now isreal became a nation again back in 1945...(i think that is right) even the youngest who were alive then are elderly now....
    Anonymous