When are babies lungs devolped?

im gonna get induced at 36 weeks will they be ready? Anyone had there baby at 36 weeks and how was the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually everything is fine :)
    congratulations on your baby mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:10 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Sometime around 36 weeks. Why are you being induced so early? I had mine at 36 weeks but they also went by my LMP. But I know I ovulated really early that month. So for me I really think they were off a week or two.
    Anonymous

• My baby was born at 36 weeks (not induced) and he was fine, but there can still be problems at that age. I hope your doc isn't doing it for convenience.... When I was in the hospital, there was a lady who was induced at 36 weeks for the doctor's convenience, and I thought he was a total idiot for putting the baby in danger that way!
    Anonymous

• Cause im high risk for still born babies and he doesnt want to keep her in there long so hes gonna induce me at 36 weeks
    Anonymous

• im gonna have to get an amio to make sure her lungs are ready if not i have to wait 1 week
    Anonymous

• They will probably give you the steroid shot in the fanny to help develop the lungs. Generally they are the last thing to finish developing so around 36-39 weeks. I would have to double check my nursing books. But there reallly shouldn't be a big issue if born at 36 weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Your baby will most likely be fine, as the others said! My baby was born at exactly 37 wks and he was perfect. Good luck!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 11:14 AM on May. 6, 2010