How long does it take for the depo provera shot to wear off and what are the symptoms?

i am currently going on my 7th month off of depo provera and my periods have yet to return back to normal !! their still very heavy to the point where i need to wear a super ultra tampon and a maxi pad !! is this normal or do i need to see my doctor ???

b.germany

Asked by b.germany at 8:09 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Health

• As your body changes, so will the regularity and flow of your periods. Some women have irregular periods and then one day go normal...Mine went from an irregular period to a 33 day cycle. As long as they aren't going longer than a week and you aren't becoming anemic, your body is just doing what this stage in life wants it to do. It doesn't hurt to get an opinion from a doc though.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:19 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i was already anemic before i got on depo .... will this hurt my chances of getting prego in the future ??
    b.germany

Answer by b.germany at 8:28 PM on May. 5, 2010

• No you will just need to eat a diet that is iron rich and take a supplement.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:31 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Each shot lasts 3 months, so typically it's safe to "assume" it's worn off in 3 months. I got pregnant the month after it was done, so I have no idea what it's like to "come down off it".
    Anonymous

• Man I got so fat on that shot and in between the pill I gained like 12 pounds. Gross, not for me..........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 1:26 AM on May. 6, 2010

• you dnt even have to tell me @ bella69147 !!! .... but it was backwards for me .... when i first got on the shot i was about 155 lbs, and actually lost weight !! i was about 130 when i went off. but after i went off of depo was when it seemed like i gained weight .... i am now 172 ilb !! ..... CAN WE SAY BACKWARDS !!
    b.germany

Answer by b.germany at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2010