ONLY IF YOU GET GOV. ASSISTANCE

does the gov. pay any of your rent for you?? how much do they pay/you pay?? or what other kind of assistance is out there for low income people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NONE! Get a JOB and support YOURSELF and STOP expecting the government IE: TAXPAYERS, to support you and your family!
    Anonymous

• to the PP-how rude, u dont know what this person is going through so STFU
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 8:18 PM on May. 5, 2010

• nope i pay my own rent but i know a couple people that have section 8 and public housing plus there is subsidized housing as well. but i have no idea how you go about getting it. i think sec. 8 give you a vocher depending on how many people are in your family, and public housing and subsidized go by your income
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:20 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I know a few people that get government assisted housing and they have to pay a percentage of their income. I believe it's like 30% I don't know how you get into it but I know it's out there.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:33 PM on May. 5, 2010

• we only get food stamps, and are about to lose them. never tried to get housing assistance
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:42 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I thought they closed down all those section 8 and voucher programs.

Anonymous

• I was on Section 8 about 3 years ago. You have to hit their income guidelines and they will pay accordingly. At the time I was going to school and my husband had been laid off and was only collecting unemployment so they just went off the unemployment. At first they paid our rent 100% but then as we started getting more income, they reduced their help (which is expected, of course). They will only pay so much for a certain sized family. Our family of four could only get assistance for $625 a month (as they said we only needed a two bedroom because both of our kids were under 5). You also have to have a landlord that will accept it and comply with the inspections and things like that.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 9:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I would use the welfare money to pay my rent.
    Anonymous

• my friend is on HUD -- and instead of paying the $375 ( which her rent originally was) ...they only pay $130 .... but ( alteast around here) it takes awhile to actually get on the HUD...and then when your "number" comes up you have to get a place right then or they pass you up....

If you are having money problems just go to the PA office in your town, and you can ask them what all you apply for, because the income cut off is different for different things ( like, you could be excepted for food stamps, but not the medical card...)\

good luck and I hope times get better for ya !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I only know of food stamps, wic, and cash assistance. I'm not sure how the cash assistance works but you could try since it is so hard to get on the HUD list.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:44 PM on May. 5, 2010