Do you think a women can be modest AND wear pants/jeans?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 8:25 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yeah why not, the whole wearing skirts thing is a made up thing. It never says anything in the bible about only wearing skirts to be "modest"
    Anonymous

• I hope this is a joke.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:26 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Not with the jeans they sell these days...sitting halfway down the crack so that your undies show everytime...that is if you are referring to those who choose to follow a religion that opts for long skirts.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:26 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yes, pants and jeans can be modest. For my own personal definition for modesty for myself, pants and jeans do not fit into it! I wear skirts and dresses.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• haha...yeah this is 2010...pants jeans and shorts i think are ok...HOWEVER one should be tastefull about it. and not wear short shorts.u know what i mean...maybe middle thight at the most. but i am ashy person and dont wear shorts only air conditioned jeans..(jeans with holes in the knees) they are more comfy to me.
    Anonymous

• Aren't pants MORE modest than a skirt?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:28 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I guess that depends on the type of skirt you are referring too. if it's a mini, then yes jeans are more modest, but if you are referring to an ankle length, then no pair of jeans is more modest.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:34 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nowadays the way ppl dress, if you are wearing pants.....THAT is modest!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:36 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I love my jeans and mini skirts lol. Jeans are fine.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 8:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yuppers I sure do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:41 PM on May. 5, 2010