My neighbors neglect their two dogs.

Our neighbor has had their male beagle for severals years now. We never see them walk the dog. A few years ago, they bought a female dog...again NEVER walk them. My mom confronted them about it and their response was, "We're so busy. My mom got sick, and so is my sister. My son's busy with school and after school activities. My daughter's going to college.. etc etc etc" And to top it off, they're hoping to have puppies between the two dogs they have! We never/hardly ever see them interact with the dogs, NEVER see them out walking. They're stuck in the yard all day long so they've been barking throughout the day. Sometimes the barks become yelps too. Whenever someone passes by, their cries for attention begin. It's very distracting when they yelp, and very sad that they're pretty much being neglected... Is there a place where we can report this to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Well, if they are barking all day you can call the animal shelter or the police as that is a noise violation.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Really, unless they are being beaten or starved or in an unsafe environment, they won't do anything.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:35 PM on May. 5, 2010

• umm an spca, but if they are fed and watered daily they wont take them. Who are you to judge if they show their animals enough love, would you like it if they called cps on you because your child was whiny and they thought you never showed them love?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:37 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I've had the same problem with my nieghbors, but I think they're hoarders too. They're yard and house basically looks like a scrap yard. There's a male beagle that is in a pen ALL DAY EVERY DAY and the only time anyone goes out to see him is to give him food. They let the rain fill up halved milk cartons for water, and they're slime lined because it's water that just sits there. He was left out all winter ( we occasionally have below 0 temps). Yelps, cries, and barking during the night. I feel so bad....they also just got another dog and unlike the other dog, this one gets to roam the yard at least! I've heard other dogs inside thier home too, but i've never seen those ones. :( sad times.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:37 PM on May. 5, 2010