help!

My hubby and I just adopted a child. She is 5 years old and we have been trying to adopt her for 2 years. She lived with her spetmom who was hitting her and it took too long for social services to get her away from that woman. Anyway, she's been living with us for 2 weeks and she's been pretty happy about it. It's the first time she has a nice room, clean clothes etc.
Her bday is on the 14th and she's going to turn 5. We're not throwing a party because we'll be out of town on her bday, but we'd love her to have an amazing bday. Hubby was thinking a trip to Disney World would be a nice gift, but it's her first bday with us so I would like to give her something she can keep and maybe take her to Disneyworld sometime during the summer.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on May. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Its not hard to please someone so young especially if she has never had much. Take her to buy a new baby doll, that way she will have something that will last for a while....I want to thank you and your husband for giving this little girl a better life. Take good care of her and give her lots of love!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:55 PM on May. 5, 2010

• First of all, you and your husband must be great people who really love kids. Talking her to disneyworld sound like a gtreat idea to me, and you can also make her a great cake, she'll love that. I bet you can't wait!
    Evili

Answer by Evili at 8:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i think a family photo in a nice frame to hang in her room might be very special to her. you could do disney, and get something like a disney snow globe or ornament, and start getting one every year. kind of odd with a summer birthday though! maybe the two of you could start a scrapbook? i am sure that she will be happy with cake and any gift really!
    congratulations on your adoption : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:37 PM on May. 5, 2010