Christians and those who believe in any God or Goddess do you think of yourself as pieces of crap filled with sin and in need of saving from your own human nature

I cannot believe someone described those that believe in God this way. Is this an accurate description of how you feel about YOURSELF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I am a divine being that was created in the image of God and while I am not perfect, he wants me to be and I can only try to accomplish that each day with His help
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:47 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Wow just wow. I might think it on occasion if I'm in a pissy mood, but I would NEVER come out and say it like that. And no I do not hold that view of myself either.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• haha, wow. No. I know I sin, but I don't feel like my life is worthless because of it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Definately not...Im a human being that needs forgiveness each day because I sin everyday and I know Im forgiven

Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 8:55 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yikes you definitely don't have people who believe in a Goddess figured out at all. Most of us take responsibility for our own misgivings and poor choices and don't blame anyone or anything else. We definitely don't think we need saving from our nature.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nope.
    I believe I have divinity in me. I am a part of the universe and the divine and I am NOT a piece of crap nor am I filled with sin. Sin is a fear bringer. We all screw up its part of being human just like we all do awesome things.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Ha! I am so filled up with happiness in my life. My Gods have nothing to do with sin or making me feel like crap.
    On the contrary, I have never been so spiritually fulfilled.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I did not say this, someone else said this about Christians and said if people didn't feel this way there would be no reason to believe in God.

```OP```
    Anonymous

• I feel I am a child of God.

Sin is a part of the package deal of being mortal, and sure we all need salvation, but that doesn't make us all poop - it just makes us human...which is actually a pretty, divine, and awesome thing to be.
    Anonymous

• Sheeish. I believe in the Gods but I don't believe in the originalsin or that we have a burden of sin or have a sinful nature that we need to be saved from. But someone saying this isn't surprising. I think it says much more about the person than anything else. Ignorance is dangerous.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:26 PM on May. 5, 2010