mommy's boyfriend to godfather?

has anyone been in that situation? i love my BF, we've been together for almost 2 years and i do see us marrying down the line. we dont live together, we dont have a child together. eventually- when the time is right- i'd love to have a child with him.

but i think i want to ask him to be my son's godfather. i love how he interacts with DS, and how much they care for each other. its like a typical father/son relationship.

would that be weird though? cuz it'd be from mommy's boyfriend, to godfather, to maybe stepfather..?

DS is 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• IMHO...yeah. That'd be weird. And I think you feel the same way and are looking for reassurance.
    Anonymous

• Was DS already baptized? If so, he's got a godfather already and that can't be changed.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• gdiamante - what does baptism have to do with it? My kids are all baptized and none of them have godparents - it's not done in our religion. Please don't make assumptions like that.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. What if you two break up? He likely will no longer be around to be your child's godfather.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:42 PM on May. 5, 2010