wHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU FOUND OUT YOUR TEENAGER WAS PREGNANT?

My daughter went to spend a week with her dad in New York a month ago (we live in Chicago) and she had sex with some guy she doesn't even know and got pregnant. She's way to immature to have a baby- she didn't even think about using protection!!! Anyway, she doesn't want to have an abortion and quite frankly, I am against abortion too, but we have to think about the child here. She can't raise a child and I am very willing to help out as much as I can but I don't know what she really wants to do. She's really immature and if she has the baby I'm afraid she might get it and leave on the first agrument we have.
She's 15. I'm really furious with her dad because he knows our daughter is not trustworthy enough to be allowed to go out by herself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well if she's adult enough to do the deed, she's adult enough to deal with the consequences. You might look into adoption.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• adoption.
    Anonymous

• :( After I smacked her I would hug her. I would cry for a few days. I wouldn't want my daughter to have an abortion but that would be her choice. I wouldn't want her to give the child up for adoption either(But that is me)
    Do you want her to keep the baby? As in live with you? Dont let the baby suffer because she THINKS she is a big girl.Maybe it might change her a little?
    Im sorry.I hope you GET good advice.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:55 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I had my first child when I was 16, and was 17 when we moved out on our own. It's her decision, not yours.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• ObbyDobbie, maybe you were mature enough to take care of a kid, but OP says her daughter is not.

I wouldn't want my daughter to have an abortion or give up her child either. I think you can talk about it and if she wants to keep the baby and you want to help her out, you could come to an agreement. Tell her you love her and of course you'll love the baby and you'll do everything to help her until she's ready to move out.
    Evili

Answer by Evili at 9:02 PM on May. 5, 2010

• evili~ the same was said about me... Having to experience pregnancy, child birth, and caring for a new born VERY quickly alter your perceptions of life, and change who you are.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:04 PM on May. 5, 2010

• well not one person on here mentioned TRY TO FIND THE BABY DADDY!!!!. now OP what does your ex husband say about this?. I personally would have my daughter either keep or do open adoption. I would do everything i could to HELP raise the baby but NOT raise is myself. You need to sit down and talk to her, what does she want? how would she feel about open adoption? how would you feel?. can you help her enough so she can finish school at least? maybe the baby's dad would want something to do with the baby < r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:51 PM on May. 5, 2010

• sorry I don't know why this is being dumb.. DELETE YOUR ANSWER SHOULDN'T BE THERE..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• HALF OF MY ANSWER GOT DELETED AS WELL!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:55 PM on May. 5, 2010