Concerned ..

hi everyone i recently found out 2 weeks ago that i was pregnant. I'm eight weeks right now and have been on vitamins for about two weeks, what are the risks of miscarriage? i have no spotting or anything but what are the odds of having one? i'm just worried and concerned because i dont want to have one me and my boyfriend are very excited and only want the best :)

Cj605

Asked by Cj605 at 8:51 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You know, I've always hated odds and probability. It makes life so haphazard and purposeless. That said, I think the stats start around 20% from when you find out you're pregnant and then it diminishes as time goes on - but you can't dwell on that. If the life inside of you is meant to grow and develop and flourish, it will. No amount of worrying will make a difference. I say this because I'm a healthy individual who has gotten pregnant 3 times on the first try. I lost the middle one early. No reason. Devastating - but there wasn't a thing I could do.

I'm 10 weeks along right now and I'm JUST STARTING to not freak out every two seconds. At some point you just have to have a little faith and relax - or you'll be miserable.

God bless you with a very healthy pregnancy. Congrats!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Depends on alot of factors including family history. I would avoid sex until you are twelve weeks unless your OB gives you the ok. After week 12 the chances drop significantly.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 PM on May. 5, 2010

• why avoid sex?
    Cj605

Answer by Cj605 at 9:11 PM on May. 5, 2010

• You've probably heard that sex can cause labor to begin am i right?? Yeah if you are at risk for miscarriage,sex can cause it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I was considered a high risk so my OB said No. He would recommend all women avoid sex for the first trimester. So I do pass along his warning to others. But again if your OB determines you are fine to have sex then it's not an issue. Most women can. I was one of the ones who couldn't.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:18 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i still didnt see the doctor yet but my peditrition said it was okay to have sex and just life normal
    Cj605

Answer by Cj605 at 9:26 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't think sex is going to cause a miscarriage in most cases. I think if there's on impending, it may speed things up.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:15 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I'd still wait for your OB to tell you it's safe. Unless of course the pediatrician knows your family history and the other things that factor into it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on May. 6, 2010