Pagan Sisters, What Kind of Smudge Stick Do You Use?

I have used White Sage for as long as I can remember, but today, hubby wanted to try a Whites Sage/Cedar blend. I read that Cedars uses are for healing, purification, unhexing, protection, spirituality, and money. And I always understood that Sage in general was to remove negativity, but will combining them cancel one out or make it stronger? Have any of you used the White Sage/Cedar mix? What was the result? Thanks for your help. To those not Pagan, please reply in a respectful manner if you have input.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 9:12 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to use white sage. I love the smell of it.
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 10:52 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Also, I was told by a woman that ran a Pagan shop in Olympia, WA that the white sage is the best. I haven't been pagan for a few years now, but I do miss some of the rituals!
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 10:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Just Sage... I can't get anything else around here..

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:57 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Its a sage stick(dont think its white) wrapped in a bundle. I love it!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I use the cedar. I think. Obviously I haven't used it in a while, but I'm thinking its time I get it out and use it.. there's been a lot of negativity around my house lately!
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 3:42 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I use sage. Not white sage. I have, however, used cedar once before. I don't think that those two would cancel one another out. I think that it would probably enforce the effect. Keep in mind that your intent has a LOT to do with everything you use. If your intent is for purification/cleansing/etc., then that's probably the effect you will have.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2010