free things to do with small kids

I need some ideas for some free things I can do with my 5,3 and 1 year olds. Even really cheap things, besides the park.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go to the library and they usually have scheduled events in your area, different classes you can take or groups you can join. I would try there first.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:26 PM on May. 5, 2010

• If you have museums or a zoo nearby, places like that often have free days. Maybe you have a $1 movie theater nearby, that's one of my ds' favorites. Join a playgroup, check out the library, Simon malls have kids events. There's always nature walks, crafts, making Play Doh or sidewalk chalk paint.....

Anonymous

• During the summer.. we do a lot of differnt things.
    Finger Paint OUTSIDE.. easier to clean up. Bubble Day.. I have a long wand with a rope on it.. that makes HUGE bubbles... and they all get little wands.. so we have LOTS and LOTS of bubbles.
    Crafts are always fun.. even the little one can do most of them.
    Take lots of pictures.. make a collage.. or scrapbook.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:47 PM on May. 5, 2010

• the library is our fav, we alos go on scavenger walk hunts(write a list of things to look for and find them on your walk), park,
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:03 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Most movie theaters do a summer movie series for super-cheap, too. If you have a bouncy-house place near you check to see if they do a toddler time or have half-price days during the week. Also check with your town's parks and recreations department to see what type of programs they may have.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:18 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Google your city or county with the words: free kids

Your local library may have family museum passes that you can check out.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Do you have a zoo nearby? Buy a family membership. I can get one for $50. This get us into several zoos free & others at 1/2 price.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:46 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Another freebie we have here is several of those spray parks....you know, with different water squirting things. They are free and great on a hot summer day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 6, 2010