What food to have at a one year old's birthday?

I am having a picnic for my baby's first birthday, but I can't think of any thing that I could take to a park that he could eat and everyone else could eat as well. Any suggestions?

Coley01

Asked by Coley01 at 9:26 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sons birthday is on the 22nd of may. were also having a big party at a park .. but this park has grills, so were grilling burgers chicken hot dogs & having macaroni & potatoe salad, my aunt is making her spanish rice & sausage, my SO's mom is making coleslaw, and were bringing chips & fruit, & cake. things like that. as far as my sons eating - i will probably bring him a stage 3 food with me & find some way to heat it up, & ill bring his yogurt melts & puffs, and probably let him try a few bites of some cut up softer things like mac salad & potatoe salad, maybe some rice.. fruit. cake. etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My son's birthday party was last sunday. It was a puppy theme so we had turkey and ham sandwhiches that I cookie cut like bones and puppy dogs .Vegetable tray and a fruit tray with all his fav fruits like kiwi, strawberrys, pinapples chips and dip and potato salad and of course his cake:)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 9:07 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I didn't worry about our daughter eating the exact same things as the guests. We had several pre-made salads, many of which our daughter could share, and we grilled these delicious gourmet chicken sausages. I think we had a few of our daughter's favorite finger foods on-hand so she could eat whatever sounded good to her.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• my sons bday party is next sat, its construction theme, so im making turkey & cheese, and ham & cheese sandwiches, cutting them in half. and chips & dips. im also going to make some pb & jelly sandwiches for the kids, and have some animal crackers, gold fish & small lego candies
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 12:10 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i did a little party tray for the tiny ones, they were all 1 and up. teddy grahams, gold fish, yogurt puffs, the puffs (gerber i believe) small vanilla wafers. you could also cut grapes in 1/4 (to avoid choking hazards), watermelon in very small pieces, that type of thing. do a bit of "adult" food but in child size pieces. Good luck and dont stress too much...oh and remember to have someone else take pics so you can be in them With your baby! one of a few best decisions I made for dd party
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:15 AM on May. 7, 2010