Be honest, do you regret having children? And if so, do you resent your children for hogging your life?

As hard as it is sometimes, I love being a mom. So don't get me wrong and think that I regret it because I sure's hell don't. But sometimes I wonder if there are moms that regret having kids cause they do nothing but complain about them and how much of their time they use up. I'm thinking...so do you even like your kids or do you wish they were never born? Just curious if you're that kinda mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• No and No.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't regret my kids. i regret that I did not finsih college before my kids and I had time! I feel because of stress it makes me less patient with them.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't regret having them...but I wish I could have the best of both worlds. I feel guilty for even leaving them with my hubby lol The only time i've ever been away from my daughter is when I had my twin boys (4 days in the hospital) and that was SO PAINFUL to be away from her. Another time was when my boys got RSV and Pnemonia. I hate being away.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:42 PM on May. 5, 2010

• the only thing that i regret is having them while i was so young, it made things very difficult for me. Finishing school was hard, getting along with my parents was even worst, and having a life was non existing. i was young and i was stupid, but my kids are the best things that have ever happened to me, they changed me from a bratty teenager to a responsible woman and I don't regret having them, keeping them, or what ever way you want to look at it. I LOVE MY BABIES!!!!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:44 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Not one bit!!!!! My DD is the best person in my life. She drives me crazy everyday but I could not imagine my life without her.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:50 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I wish people had been honest about how hard it is physically or emotionally. I regret not being rich so that I can put them in college and expose them to life's wonderful things. Right now, they are exposed to nature walks, swimming and Spongebob. Somehow, it doesn't seem enough.
    Anonymous

• personally no. i do not regret having my baby. could it have come at a better time, maybe, but i believe everything happens for a reason. and personally i have found myself more as a mother than i have ever found myself at any point previously in my life.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I love being a mom but being a mom is way harder than I could have ever imagined. Or being a good mom with standards is really hard. It takes up more time that a f/t job, and in the early years there is little reward for your work. Being a mom is something you have to want with your whole heart and be in 100% or you're going to be miserable. I wonder sometimes what I would have done or been if I wasn't a mom, I use to do great things, have a great job, had goal and ambitions that I can't do with a baby and I shouldn't do with a family. They deserve 100% of everything I have to give and I made this life my choice and so I should provide that. I feel like since I have a family I need to do this the best I can.
    Anonymous

• Always, and Always! If I could go back, I wouldn't be a mom... or a wife...
    Anonymous

• Omg, I could never regret having my son. He is absolutely the best thing that I could ever imagine having in my life. Yes, it's a lot of work, but every time he smiles at me, it reminds me of how worth it all of the work is. I would die if anything ever happened to him, and wouldn't trade my life as a SAHM for the most glamorous, highly paid job in the world. I don't know how anyone could regret, but then again I probably don't understand because I love my son so much, and he is my life. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:30 PM on May. 5, 2010