Should my newborn sleep in a crib in my room or in a seperate room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say whatever you feel more comfortable with. Both my boys slept in a bassinet next to our bed when they were newborns but when they got to about 6 or 8 weeks they slept with us (easier on me. i was breastfeeding) And then about 6 months they started sleeping in their beds in their own room.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 9:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Everyone's different. I always had mine in a bassinet next to my bed/in the same room for about 6 weeks (c section). It made it a lot easier when getting used to the night time feedings and healing from my C sections. After that, I usually transfer to thier own room in a crib.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My newborn slept in a bassinet right by my side.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 9:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• that's really a personal questions, it really is up to you. if you feel okay with getting up and going to the other room to feed the baby and change her etc. etc. than i guess there is no problem with the baby sleeping in a different room but i like to have my baby close by so i don't have to rouse myself from sleep and than walk alll the way to another room.. it makes it harder for me to fall back to sleep lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:39 PM on May. 5, 2010

• It's good to have them near you when they are first born it's also easier to get up with them for feedings and diaper changes. You will worry to much if you can't see them. By two months all mk kids were in their own room.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:40 PM on May. 5, 2010

• whatever works.

#1 and #2 were in cradle in our room for the first 6 weeks - then to their own rooms. but their rooms were on the opposite end of the house.

#3 new house - her room is right beside ours. I tried the cradle in ours but just ended up switching her to her own room.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:55 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Thats a choice thats up to you and your baby. If he doesnt like being wheres hes at, he'll let you know,lol.
    I've always kept them in my bedroom for at least the first couple of months. Not only did I feel better just having them right there to know that they are okay but it was easier with how often you have to feed them during the night.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:01 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I was more comfortable having mine in the pack-n-play right next to my bed. That way when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't hear anything out of them, I could just look over the side and see that they were ok (sometimes extending to feeling if they were breathing) without having to wake up completely. If they were in the other room, I would lose sleep waiting to hear something over the monitor or risk waking them up by going in to check on them. But I'm paranoid like that, so that's just me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:02 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Studies show it protects babies against SIDS to be sleeping in the same room w/ parents. UNICEF says baby should be in your room until at least 6 months old.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:25 PM on May. 5, 2010

• We coslept; the baby started out in a nursing nest between me and a Safety First bed rail.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:31 PM on May. 5, 2010