do other Christians feel the same way?

i just found this video about the immigrations law...i never thought of it this way. if you had to chose between the gospel and the government laws what would you chose? this is a two part video....but the second link is mostly what i am talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzUqPFzyk0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RwF75mgDus&NR=1

i never really thought of it this way. and rude comments or bashers are not welcome. this is and honest question from a perspective i never thought of until now. however honest opinions givin in a respectful manner are more than welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him the money. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They saith unto him Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's" Matthew, 22: 19-21
    Anonymous

• i am not saying i agree with what the video said or not. i am not sure what to think about it. that is why i asked...so do they belong to the lord or something else? again not being silly or rude. i honestly dont know what to think about this
    Anonymous

• OK OP well (1) they are misrepresenting the bill. They can not just stop you for suspicion only; they have to stop you for some other violation first; which all of us would be asked for ID in any case. (2) As far as morals and the church. That's tricky; because of the quote above; I believe that to be saying follow the laws of the land you live in just as you would follow the laws of God. Give Caesar (your leader) his due; and give me (God) mine.

Now I can see true Christians say well, Christ told us to live in love and light and forgiveness etc...and that's all well and good; as long as they aren't a church out there preaching against homosexuality and the like. Otherwise they're just picking and choosing who to "love" and that's false 'faith'
    Anonymous

• 1st this is CNN, tres liberal.
    2nd they are completely misrepresenting the bill (it IS law, now..)
    3rd As a Christian, I believe that they (illegal immigrants) would be better served if we could help them to have a better life where they live, and that deliberately breaking laws is wrong. I know, some laws have HAD to be broken, they were not morally right. BUT, I do not see anything that is morally wrong with following immigration laws. (If I were so desperate to feed my family, I would not sneak into another country to live. I would use the brain that God gave me to figure out what to do to take care of my family. Kinda the old, God helps them who help themselves.)

No I do not agree with what those men were discussing (but I am not opposed to reform, although I do oppose amnesty). Is that Wallis man the one who "advises" the POTUS??
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• My faith teaches to honor the laws of the land wherever we live.

For some members, like those in China, that means adjusting some worship practices in order to do so.
    Anonymous

• First off : WHY CAN'T THE HISPANICS PROTEST IN MEXICO LIKE THEY ARE DOING HERE???

If the shoe were on the other foot and we ALL tried to cross their border, I bet they would expect the law to work and keep us from overloading them. They would just simply shoot us... How is it right, legal or lawful in any way, for them to come here illegally and demand amnesty? It isn't...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:36 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Anon 10:29,

Christians do not or should not hate homosexuals, it is the act that the bible talks about not the person. Homosexuals are welcome in 99% of churches. They do not hate the person.

It is the unions and socialist organizations promoting the protests in AZ.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• It is the unions and socialist organizations promoting the protests in AZ.

Yep there are plenty of pictures to prove that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:48 AM on May. 6, 2010