24 weeks pregnant.. not feeling well, headache, light headed and blood pressure was 80/50?

been eating and drinking like normal..alot:o) should I go to the ER?>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ever heard of calling your doctor?! I'd call the doctor and have them guide you in what you should do. 80/50 is obviously a tad low but if you run low maybe thats normal for you.
    Anonymous

• Do you know what your blood pressure is normally...that's going to be the big factor here.

That's pretty close to how I usually am (but I always run low). When my blood pressure was running low (for me, but not at emergency level low for me), and I was having dizzy spells, the doctor told me to drink even more water.

I honestly was already drinking a lot, but it did help.

Anonymous

• I'm 22 weeks and had an appointment yesterday. My blood pressure was 80/60. Not pregnant it's never under 120/80 so I thought it was crazy low. They weren't too concerned and just said it explains why I've been feeling a little dizzy when I get up too fast but added that this is the stage in pregnancy when blood pressure is at it's lowest point. They said it wasn't something to worry about and that keeping myself hydrated will prevent any negative side effects.
    To me, it explained my headaches and how overall crappy I've felt lately. The best the ER woud do is give you fluids to raise your BP but you can do that yourself by just drinking fluids to keep yourself hydrated.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:18 AM on May. 6, 2010