how can i convince my husband that our baby needs is own room....

Im not due until July, but because giving our son his own room means rearranging where others sleep, its been an on going debate between us, I want to keep him in our room till he is sleeping through the night, or only getting up maybe once, since i plan to nurse, but bc his family lives with us, and it would mean that his 3 brother would have to share a room(like they did before) he doesnt want to put them out, even though itll put a strain on our relationship, and i dont know how to get through to him, i need help.

princess730

Asked by princess730 at 10:17 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him he isn't going to get much sleep either if the baby stays in your room!!! Then if that doesn't do it MAKE SURE he doesn't get much sleep... that will change his mind in a hurry!!

Anonymous

• Sex! We co-slept for 2 years with our first but we had an unused guest room for...stuff...
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• "Tell him he isn't going to get much sleep either if the baby stays in your room!!! Then if that doesn't do it MAKE SURE he doesn't get much sleep... that will change his mind in a hurry!"

This was actually my argument for keeping the baby in the room; if all the baby's needs are met he has no reason to cry. If the baby has to cry for attention, for a diaper, to be fed, that is a lot of noise.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• So he wants to put his own family out to accommodate his brother? Sounds like a serious priority issue. I co slept until my son was a little over a year and that was really hard. One of us was always sleeping on the couch, if you can get your baby in it's own room I would.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it. Your husband will be eager for baby to have his own room when the time comes! Our DS slept in our room for about the first six months, after which time we were both very tired of tip-toeing around in the dark whispering as we were trying to get ready for bed, and waking the baby anyway!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:40 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Just tell him! Is the house not half yours? Don't ask...just act. He'll get over it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• We co-slept until our daughter was sleeping through the night on a regular basis (around 14 months). It was easy for me to doze/sleep while nursing in bed at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I love love love sharing a room with my babies. im in no hurry at all to put them down the hall by themselves. maybe you will feel the same ay when the time comes. if not then tell him...its your house too!!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:18 PM on May. 7, 2010