If a woman has the right to choose?

If a woman has the right to choose on whether she wants to be a mother, then should not a man have the right to choose on whether he wants to be a father, by terminating his rights if she so decides to keep the baby instead of having an abortion. What about the rights of the father. He is basically screwed either way, is he not? Why should he be forced to take care of a child he does not want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's why he can sign all the rights to the baby over. If he doesn't want the baby he shouldn't sign the birth certificate...that's another way to give up his rights.
    Anonymous

• People should think of all these things before engaging in casual sex. Waiting till a pregnancy occurs is a bit too late. Unfortunately, it's the babies who suffer for the stupidity & selfishness of the adults.
    Anonymous

• Guess he should have made sure he wrapped his package then huh?
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:30 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Fathers DO have the rights to terminate their parental rights... However, like mothers, they can't wait to long, or they lose that right... If the father signs away his rights while she is pregnant or AT the point of birth, he won't be held liable... I know a few men that signed their rights away and have never looked back... Why should a child have to grow up with a parent who doesn't want them?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 PM on May. 5, 2010

• no because the man is not the one that has to carry the pregnancy and give birth. pregnancy is something that a women does with her body. alls the man does is shoot sperm in her, big deal.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:32 PM on May. 5, 2010

• His choices ended when he made the choice to stick it in her. If he didn't want a baby he shouldn't have sex because he has no choice in the outcome. I don't think abortion should be used as a form of birth control and I don't think enough of the people that should have abortions. I think that everyone who has a child should have to take a test, there are way too many really bad parents out there.
    Anonymous

• Fathers CAN terminate their rights, just like a woman can terminate a pregnancy.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:36 PM on May. 5, 2010

• "People should think of all these things before engaging in casual sex. Waiting till a pregnancy occurs is a bit too late. Unfortunately, it's the babies who suffer for the stupidity & selfishness of the adults."

Yup.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• what about thew father who wamts the child, who does not agree with abortion? He dfoes not have the right to say he does not want his child killed? what about the child's right to live?
    Anonymous

• I feel that if it takes 2 to make a baby, it should take 2 to kill a baby. I think that the father of the baby should have a say in it as well. If the woman is that selfish, chances are the man is too. I think both parties should have to see the ultrasound before anything is done, and that there should be some sort of counseling required before an abortion can be performed. I wish there was some way to prove who the father is before the baby is born, to be sure that both biological parents agree to the murder of their child.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:47 PM on May. 5, 2010