if your daughter got pregnant as a teenager ...

and asked you to raise the baby for her either forever or until she matures, would you?
i would. no questions asked. of course i would push her to help, but if she refused - i would still raise it for her.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 10:37 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't have a daughter thank goodness, but I would certainly raise the child without a doubt. I would do it for the child's sake. If the mother is not mature enough to handle the responsibility of raising a child, then why refuse and make the child suffer because the mom is imature? I would gladly take the child and give the child back if my daughter wanted the child. That is my flesh and blood that didn't ask to be born. People make mistakes. I would be there for my grandchild no questions!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2010

• ...but when the baby turns three (or whatever age) and your daughter suddenly wants the child back, would you be able to give the child back?
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:40 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Yes, but not for her, for my grandchild. She better not get pregnant, though!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't know, I want to say no, but I probably would. I'm a sucker for little ones so if it was already here when she said that I don't think I could say no. But I would force her ass to get an abortion if she told me this in the beginning of her pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• of course i would!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:44 PM on May. 5, 2010

• no... i would not do either..if she was women enough to lay there and get pregnant then she needs to be women enough to raise the baby she created...she needs to be there for every cry, spit up, sickness, sleepless night the whole 9 yards!! its not my place to raise her child..
    Anonymous

• i would without a doubt!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:50 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nope. If she wants to have a baby, and keep it, she can raise it. I would help, but I am not it's mom... I would support her and the child the best I could. Help her so she could do what every she chose, but I would not raise my grandchild. That just shows that actions have no consequences... And I'm a fan or consequences... I am a very liberal person, not very strict at all with my kids, but when it comes to their actions, I expect them to face whatever their choices may bring head on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 PM on May. 5, 2010

• why would i? no one raised my child for me. sure his dad helped, but i did a lot (probably most of) the work myself. if she is woman enough to do the deed she can pay the piper.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:59 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i would not raise my daughters child for her. i would help her, but not raise the child. my aunt did that and her daughter is older than me and is not "mature" enough to do it on her own. Your grandchildren should be just that - your GRANDCHILDREN. I wouldn't force an abortion b/c i don't believe in that as a way out.
    and as for raising her until she was mature enough, if she thought she was mature enough to have sex, then she better be prepared to take responsibility for her actions.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:01 PM on May. 5, 2010