I know "take a test or go to the doctors" is the response but...

Alright...i just had sex last week. i have the IUD for birth control and my husband and i had sex and he "did the deed" inside me. I wasnt taking any antibiotics so my birth control should work..but..i just puked..and idk where the hell that came from. we had sex about a week ago...

now, before i go out wasting money on a test, is it too early to tell? i JUST got over my period too...I already have 1 child. but i didnt get symptoms til about 2 1/2 months...

im just a little confused. and i dont wanna waste money on something that could be nothing you know? i mean, whats your thoughts? what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have an IUD then there is very little chance you would be pregnant. That is the whole point of having one. So I would not worry. If you miss your next period, then take a test, but there is probably nothing to worry about. I would guess you have a bit of the stomach flu... I do too... Blech!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2010

• -continued--i feel like im gonna puke again. but i dont feel sick AT ALL and its 11:15pm
    Anonymous

• If you had sex last week and you just got over your period, I'd say that even since he ejaculated in you, you probably aren't pregnant. Did you eat something that didn't sit well?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I really doubt you are...and it would be too soon to tell.... and too soon to start having "morning sickness" ...... the last 2 mornings i have been woken up by the urge to puke (and I did) ..but I also know that I am NOT...not really sure why I did puke ...but if you dont get your period in 3 weeks then try to test
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:17 PM on May. 5, 2010

• well i made some steak tips in my crockpot and i did try a different veggie that ive never had before..it was a green onion..but i didnt finish my food..i didnt feel hungry enough to eat it. i got over my period around april 28th im guessing...
    Anonymous

• i feel like SUCH an idiot asking this kinda question because the normal response from someone would be "Go take a test " or "go see your doctor"

but my first pregnancy i did both and they were both negative and the doctor told me i wasnt pregnant..so..hmm

i REALLY feel stupid asking but idk, maybe one of you other moms have had this happen to you?
    Anonymous

• You probably have a touch of a "bug" or dinner didn't sit well.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:19 PM on May. 5, 2010

• maybe? My husband feels fine though.
    Anonymous

• some people are more sensitive to 'bugs' or changes in diet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:21 PM on May. 5, 2010

• alright! Thanks for the help!! :)
    Anonymous