Daycare and seperation anxiety

My boys (Joshua 3, and Trevor 8 mo) are starting daycare tomorrow. Joshua's excited because he's been before and liked it. But I'm worried about it. I've been a SAHM since Feb of 09. I've left Trevor only about 4 times and then only in the care of DH. Is it normal that I'm terrified of leaving him? I knew I would cry in the morning, but I'm crying now.

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 11:28 PM on May. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ohhh totally normal momma. They will be fine and so will you, it just takes some getting used to. When I went back to work after a year off with my twins I was a basketcase. But they LOVE it and I have 100% trust in the woman who looks after them to keep them safe and relatively happy.

It's tough and you'll cry but don't let the kids see that.... Stay strong!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:09 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I went through the same thing. The first day I dropped my son off I cried and the more I thought about it, I cried more. It'll get better :)
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:48 AM on May. 6, 2010

• It's tough, even now I have days when I get sad after I drop my son off and he loves his sitter and the other little boy there. Like the PP said, try not to let them see you cry--it will make it tougher on them. Give them each a good hug and kiss, wave goodbye as you're leaving and try not to draw it out--the longer the goodbye, the harder it will be. Good luck :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:05 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Totally normal! Call and check in if it is the first day and it will make you feel better. No worries, I cried too!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Very normal.. I cried for the first whole week and times after that..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2010