Anyone have a Shark steam mop? Do you like it?

I want one, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. I have vinyl floors. Anyone find it successful on vinyl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I dont but I am waiting to see answers because i was thinking about buying one lol

I have hard wood and stone floors
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:33 PM on May. 5, 2010

• my mom bought one....hated it, and returned it..i personally never tried it tho
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:42 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I have an H2O steam mop and LOVE it! I have vinyl floors as well and it works great! My parent's have the shark and they like it too but they only complaint is that you have to pump the Shark. Like pump the handle. That's kind of annoying. And also with any steam mop, you really need to make sure the floor is swept clean before you use it. I sweep my floor first with a broom and then run the Swiffer over it just to make sure I get all the dust and dirt because if you don't, the steam mop will just rub the dust around and it will stick to the floor.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:00 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Hate it. It does not clean well at all. It streaks too.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 1:25 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I have textured linoleum (not deep texturing, only about 1-2 mm deep). My mom got me a Shark for Christmas, and it SUCKS. It doesn't get in the texturing at all, so the texture doesn't get clean! My socks were never clean :(
    I got a Libman Wonder Mop from Target, & it is great! Love it!! It has little scrubby spots on the mop fibers. It also has machine washable heads, & you can buy the heads separately if you need more than 1. Plus, it's got the plastic protector thingie so you don't have to touch the mop water to wring it out. I would definately recommend it. Plus, it's MUCH cheaper- the Wonder Mop is only $15, and the heads were $7 each, I think.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:04 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I have the hand-held and I love it! I clean my floors with vinegar and water and a scrub brush; mop up with a sponge mop.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I love it! I have wood and vinyl flooring and it does great on both. I'm pleased with it.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 6:30 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I've had mine for probably a year and a half now and I love it. I think it works well on vinyl. You get used to pumping the handle so it isn't a big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I just got mine a few weeks ago. Not the expensive one the one for $60 at walmart and use it several times a week. I absolutely love it. My floors have never been so clean. I liked it so much I just went out and bought the portable pocket with all the attachments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I have one and it just spreads the dirt into a thin film across the floor. I've gone back to using a sponge mop to get the dirt up, and sometimes I'll use the Shark to add an extra shine.
    Also, you have to wash the pads when you are done and that can be a real drag. The dirt really sticks in the fibers. And if you put them in the washer then it's not very "green" because it wastes so much water and energy.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 2:04 PM on May. 6, 2010