Is everyone with the same last name related

..I know if so it would be very distantly related... and that it would also be if someone didnt change their last name or spelling of it at some time in history.....

But is it possibel that alot of people with the same last name related somehow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ive always wondered that too, i have never met anyone with the same last name as me, except for my family..lol..obviously...and yet when i got on facebook one day i did a search and there were like 4-5 other ppl with the same last name as me, and it got me wondering..all my family is from austria..so..it possible that they could be..but, i dunno..and probably never will..LOL

but i dont think every smith, johnson, and wilson are related...lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Nah. Don't think so but it would be funny, wouldn't it?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:41 PM on May. 5, 2010

• no but I wish! My maried last name is Smart so i would be related to Amy Smart by marriage ans she's a good actress!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:45 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Both my maiden name and married name are very unique and yes I believe in my case anyone else with those names are related. But long ago when people were named for their job like Miller, Backer, and Smith there would be people all over with the same name not related.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• No
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 3:48 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I really hope not because that would mean my huge family on my dad's side just got a whole lot bigger.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My brother and his wife had the same last name even before they got married ( and no they weren't in any way related that we could find and trust me we searched back through like 5 generations). She didn't have to get a new Social Security card or anything. It was really weird.
    Anonymous