Has anyone ever tried putting Pampers on there elderly Puppy?

I have an 13 year old Maltese who I absolutely love. But he is old now and also deaf. He's starting to have bladder problems. We've had him checked and the vet says it's just his age. When he has to go he has to go, lol. Sometimes he can wait and other times, he will stand there and just pee, like he doesn't even realize it's happening. Of course when we go out and leave him for a few hours there's always an accident.
Well I got tired of cleaning the carpet and tiles so I purchased pampers for him. They work better than the actual pet diapers. I just take a pamper and wrap his bottom. They work great. He doesn't mind them at all. Matter of fact when I need to put a new one on he rolls over and lets me put it on.

Shop Healthy
http://www.marketamerica.com/shophealthytoday

Shophealthy

Asked by Shophealthy at 11:55 PM on May. 5, 2010 in Pets

• No never had the need. It is so great to hear of people who care for their pets and not just kick them out when they become an inconvenience. Thanks for posting this :0)
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 11:58 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Awh. I know how you feel. Our 13 year old Collie lost bladder control too but it was only when she slept. So we just bought these doggie pads and put them under her so she wouldn't get the carpet. If the Pampers work then I'd stick with them! God bless old doggies...
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:06 AM on May. 6, 2010

• We've put pull-ups on our dog, though she is not elderly. She was bleeding before she got spayed.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:38 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I've used depends on my dog before because of bladder control issues. I couldn't use pampers because he was a 120 lb mix breed. He didn't seem to mind them so much.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:01 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Did the vet mention anything about Cognitive dysfunction syndrome?  http://www.holisticvetpetcare.com/cognitive-dysfunction-syndrome.htm   I am not saying that this is what your dog has but if he is having accidents it might be related and there is medicine that can help.  My dog had this and before she was diagnosed she was having accidents in the house like she was a puppy.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:04 AM on May. 6, 2010

• no but I used training pants on my dane when she went into heat. : )
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:09 AM on May. 8, 2010

• i made my own male wraps for my little senior pom pom, ted. i folded the bandanas, quilted them on my sewing machine and tie em on when i need them cause he is incontinent. unfortunately he will be put down sat morning because of some severely herniated discs so i will just keep those bandanas in case years from now my malti-poo needs them
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2010