Pro-life question.

If you are pro-life for religious reasons, and believe that abortion is not only wrong because it is murder but also because it interferes with Gods power, then do you also feel c-sections, epidurals, life saving medications and such are wrong? Those also interfere with Gods power.

I kinda have the duggars (who i know little about) in mind with this question as well. ...if one got pregnant because of refusing to use BC due to religious reasons, wouldn't it also make sense to deny a c-section?

I'm not sure if i'm explaining myself correctly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not a fan or abortion. But I don't believe that a baby is technically it's own life until it can live outside the mother. Even though I believe that even those tiny cells are "alive" I don't see it as an equal to a human LIFE. However, I am pro-choice because I believe it's wrong to allow the government to rule my healthcare choices - for me or my family. First abortion becomes illegal, because it's the end of a "life." And then it's illegal to pull the plug on a vegitative elder... Then we start to force cancer patients to take their meds... And eventually, the government has all the power... Whether my beliefs do or don't allow me to be okay with Abortion... I can't be okay with giving the government all the power.

So in a way, I'm Pro-Choice/Anti- Abortion... I believe there are almost always other options and that education PRIOR to pregnancy is the important thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:08 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You are not taking a life when you get a c-section. You are not taking a life when you get an epidural. You are not taking a life when you use medicine to SAVE a life. I don't think God would have a problem with trying to save someone's life. If it was their time to die, they would die anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 6, 2010

• When you get an abortion, you are choosing to take a life that has no say at all in the matter. Everything else that you mentioned as nothing to do with taking a life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I believe abortion is wrong because it kills baby's and I also believe creating life in a lab is wrong since most of those embryo's will die too. I think all of it is selfish and playing God. But I do believe that God has given people the wisdom to preserve life and that is were our doctors come in.  Curing disease and giving people comfort is not playing god, in my opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 6, 2010

• God also gave people knowledge to become doctors and create medications.
    Anonymous

• Thou shalt not kill.

Tell me where in the 10 commandments does it say,

Thou shalt not use medicine to save a life
    or
    Thou shalt not use medication to relieve pain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 6, 2010

• so far all good answers.. why all the abortion ? today
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:36 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I do not judge anyone for having an abortion. I know that it was a hard decision for them to do and a hard one for them to live with. I know that I serve a forgiving El one that yearns to help end their sufferings of guilt, denial and regret, in all situations.

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together," says Yahweh."Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:42 AM on May. 6, 2010

• This invitation is open to everyone, blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:49 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Abortion is wrong not just because it is interfeering with Gods power, but because you are destryoing the life he has Blessed you with. It is equal in my mind to killing a new born because you dont want it (guess what that baby couldnt survive without you either). Medical intervention is a completely different thing in general (other then things like invitro, which I understand the desire, but I dont think it is natural or right). Saving a life is a much different concept to me then killing one is. Birth control doesnt bother me, as long as it is birth control that just keeps egg and sperm away, not the different hormonal ones that kill the ferilized egg, or give it a hostile environment so it can not live. I guess I believe that god will make the baby if its meant to be anyways.
    Anonymous