A man's right to choose?

Apparently he really doesn't have that choice right now, here is an article about it.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1173414,00.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 6, 2010

• So if men do finally get that right to choose, who is going to take care of these poor babies. And if the government steps in and pays for these children, are we not allowing the government to come in, since they will be paying for them, the right to decide who can and can't have children? Where could this lead us. What about the rights of the child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Interesting. Yes, men have a right to choose. Men choose when they decide to shave sex PROTECTED or UNPROTECTED . That is their choice. Is it fair? Hmmm.....maybe not but life is not fair. After all is it fair that only women withstands pregnancy and childbirth? No, but that is women's lot in life. Deal with it men! You want to roll in the hay be prepared for the consequences, whatever they may be!
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I agree with Emberbaby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• At first I thought they were talking about a man being able to force an abortion, but after reading the whole article, I must say, I am in agreement with it. Although it is a whole lot easier choice for a man to say "I don't want to provide, I'm signing away my parental rights" than it is for a woman to have to endure the abortion. I think this will increase the numbers of abortions, and deadbeat dads, and I think it creates as many problems as it solves, but it is a step toward reproductive equality. All or nothing. Both sexes have the same freedoms or neither do. End abortion or give men equal rights.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Why is that not the same with women, can't women keep their legs closed? They had that choice when they spread their legs to allow that man to stick it in. Should not the women roll with the consequences as well?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• sorry for the typos typing with one hand
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:24 AM on May. 6, 2010

• if men could chose to give up his right as a parent because he just doesnt want to play house there will be TONS of single moms out there on PA because they cant get child upport from the sperm donor. Both parents are EQUALLY responsible for that child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 6, 2010

• When the man's body starts carrying a fetus, developing a placenta, nourishing a life, a man can start making the decisions. A fetus and its mother are considered 1-it can not live without her before 23 weeks post conception. A woman can become a mother without ever touching or knowing a man. Aside from adoption, the same can not be said for men. In this arena, we are not equals.

Children have no rights. The law deems that their parents have the rights to protect and provide for their children. Luck of the draw for the parents you end up with. Some parents are decent, many are not-

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 6, 2010

• ^^^ I like this^^^
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:43 AM on May. 6, 2010