what to do ?

I started dating a guy and he is great but my 8 year old daughter is always hanging on him and never leaves him alone,what should I do

skyn

Asked by skyn at 12:18 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Get used to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Personally I have not been through this. But I think if I was single and dating, I would mainly not do it around my kids unless we were going to get married or seriously considering it, then you will trust him to be safe with your daughter, and not mind her loving to hang around (or on) him lol
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:01 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Probably have them spend LESS time together. You say you have started to see a guy, so this is not a serious relationship. Your daughter is getting attached and that may not be a good thing especially if the relationship doesn't work. I would also be concerned that she is so "needy" for his attention. I think that is telling you something and all the more reason to make sure your daughter doesn't meet any men you are dating until you are extremely serious. Is there anything else about the situation that concerns you....does she seem to be competing with you for his attention? One way or another, this is not a good situation for her if the relationship is not stable.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:59 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I agree with the others- you should not have this guy around your daughter unless you are serious about him.
    I am single and dating and I just would never put my kids through the disappointment of a failed relationship.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 12:43 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Does this bother the guy? Are you jelous?
    Anonymous