fever from the cut or just coincidence?

My daughter is 15 months and today she cut her gums on the edge of our desk and got a little cut.... i showed my neighbor who is a nurse and she said it doesnt look like she needs stitches and it stopped bleeding, but now she has a fever. i dont know the temp because our thermometer isnt working for some reason. but my question is could this fever be from the cut in her mouth or is it just a coincidence?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:05 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Well you don't know if she has a temp without taking it, but temperatures do go up when babies sleep. Did she cry alot with the gum thing?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:09 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I would have to see the cut,but it sounds like a coincidence
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:10 AM on May. 6, 2010

• If she still has a fever tomorrow you may want to call your doctor. It wasn't too long ago that babies used to die from tetanus. I would be a little concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 6, 2010

• i gave my son motrin after he bumped his lip... try that to get her temp down. its probably just from getting excited from getting a bump.
    airmanswife08

Answer by airmanswife08 at 1:14 AM on May. 6, 2010

• she got the cut wayyy earlier today and cried hard from it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:20 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I would look at the cut does it look infected at all? If not then I would say probly not from it. I would keep a eye on it if teh fever persists.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:33 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I would say only if it was infected.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:08 AM on May. 6, 2010

• If the cut in her mouth is getting infected she could have a fever from that
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:46 PM on May. 6, 2010