Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Can my mom from denmark drive in the US while here on vacation??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Travel

Answers (8)
  • I don't see why not. But I would really look into that cause that is a great question.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

  • I am not 100% sure, but I live on the AZ Mexico border and I see Mexico plates on cars driving here. I think you can. But I would call MVD to be sure :)


    Answer by Sarahedger at 3:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

  • I would think she would be able to. I'm sure she'd have to have a valid driver's license in Denmark though.

    Answer by Blueliner at 3:59 AM on May. 6, 2010

  • I would think so, but contact your local police department to make certain.

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on May. 6, 2010

  • does she have an international license?

    Answer by gracefulsky at 7:43 AM on May. 6, 2010

  • OP here: she has a vaild danish drivers license, and i know she has a european stamp so she can drive in any european country with it, (writing on the license is in english) just not sure if she can drive here.. tried google and found nothing

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 7, 2010

  • An International Driving Permit (IDP) translates information contained on your driver's license into 10 languages so that officials in foreign countries are able to interpret your license. An IDP supplements a valid government-issued license--it does not serve as a replacement for a license. If you are stopped by law enforcement, you will most likely be asked to produce both your IDP and your official driver's license. The United States does NOT issue International Driving Permits to foreign visitors, so you will need to obtain this document before traveling to the U.S.

    Answer by PrttyMstng at 12:10 PM on May. 7, 2010

  • What are the laws for foreigners driving in the USA?

    Answer to your yes with all the proper documents that make her driver license valid in this country.


    Answer by musicmom08 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.