if a baby can get birth defects through stretch mark creams wouldnt you think that any kind of lotion could cause you to get cancers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• many of the lotions on the market have known cancer causing agents in them. Read the ingredients some time & look up those chemicals on line! Made me switch to all natural products!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:15 AM on May. 6, 2010

• what are some all natural products?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• california baby is a great line, burt's bees is also great! both are available @ target
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• LOLOLOLOLOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Wth? Come on stop scarying us with this nonsense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on May. 6, 2010

• i'm serious. It scared me too. I saw it at my doctors office the other day on the tv. Ya know how they have quiz questions? The question was "did you know that some stretch mark creams can cause birth defects?" it freaked me out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Should be scared. As consumers we've stopped paying attention to the things we put in our bodies then wonder why everyone we know ends up w/ some type of cancer. Seems like the older generations are experiencing cancer like never before. Ever stop to wonder why? Could it possibly be that old saying we heard from our mothers "garbage in, garbage out" might also apply to our bodies? Why do we expect to eat crap, rub cancer causing agents all over our bodies, breathe in toxins, not exercise and have a healthy life? When I got pregnant w/ my dd I started w/ the lotions and started learning more about what I was exposing myself & my dd to. What I learned made me make some drastic changes in my life. If all you put into yourself are things that hasten your death then you shouldn't be surprised when the grim reaper comes calling.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:06 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't know my cousin used cocoa butter like it was going out of style while she was pregnant. As often as she had a chance you would see her rubbing that stuff on her belly. I only used it a few times and just forgot about it. Her son is came out just fine, mine has cleft lip. Her sister also didn't use any creams and her son has clubbed feet. Birth defects aren't caused by lotions and stretch mark creams it is hereditary or caused by things such as lack of iron, drug usage ect. The cancer part I understand, but not the birth defects.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I wear my stretch marks with pride. I have 4 beautiful children and am not ashamed at the shape my body was put in by my carious pregnancies. Vanity is not for motherhood.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:42 AM on May. 6, 2010

• http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

you can search for the products you use here and see what they have to say about birth defects
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 10:05 AM on May. 6, 2010