Sleepwalking..

The past two nights, I have woken up with my daughter in my bed. I have absolutely no recollection of waking up and getting her. Her pack 'n' play is only right next to my bed, but it's still freaking me out. What if I dropped her or tripped over something while holding her?? I don't like that I have no awareness of her being in bed with me. The first night this happened, I woke up to notice that I was rolling on her.

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:16 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• are you taking any sleeping medication like ambien?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:20 AM on May. 6, 2010

• No, I don't take any medication.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:23 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I ask cuz ambien is known for making ppl do things they don't remember, listen to the commerical sometime. You're gonna have to move her pack & play. Maybe she's crying in the night & you're getting up to soothe her. If you have to walk further then you'll probably wake up. If this doesn't work try boobytrapping yourself, if you trip over something on the way to pick her up you might wake yourself up. If it gets really bad & you're really worried they make an alarm that goes on your bed so when you get up it sounds. Little extreme but better than smothering your baby in your sleep. gotta be scary for you!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:28 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Thanks, those are good ideas - I'll move her bed tonight. It really is freaky..I would be so upset if I accidentally hurt her...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:31 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Sleeping walking is scary for everyone involved. I don't have any advice but wanted to add to when my daughters' were sleep-walking. My now 17 yr. old came out to me in my husband in the living room to ask him if her thumb belonged to him. It was well after they all went to bed and she pointed to her thumb twice. I'd never seen anything like it before. My first daughter obviously thought she needed a shower and walked past us with a coat on to get the tub. I'm not making light of the situation, at all, because I know how scary it can be. I used to think, what if they just walked outside. Do you think she's sleep walking? Please keep us updated. Take care, sweetie.
    MsAzucar

Answer by MsAzucar at 5:25 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I am a sleep walker-it has been going on since I was little-they said I would eventually grow out of it but I have not. I once left my house in the middle of the night walked 6 miles and woke up in the grocery store at like 4 am-I lived in Atlanta at the time and had no idea where I was-the cops took me home-EMBARASSING!! I have hurt myself alot just by tripping over things-so it can happen. I do not know why it happens or how to stop it-they gave me sleeping pills but I do not like them!! I do know if I am extra tired it happens more than if I am well rested-maybe you are just overworked or stressed and this is a symptom-sorry wish I could help more-good luck!!
    momsrock13

Answer by momsrock13 at 5:56 PM on May. 6, 2010