need surgery but i'm scared....

not of the procedure or anything that will happen to me or my body, just scared for my children. my dd would be okay staying with my mom while i was in the hospital, but idk about my son. he is only 9 months old and is very clingy...the surgery isn't for a life threatening illness but i need to have it done. what should i do? i don't want my little man to be stressed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• You need to take care of yourself- so that you can take better care of your children. :-) He'll be fine for the evening... the best thing for you to do is to think of this as a little getaway where you can relax and be pampered by the nurses. Sleep. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:51 AM on May. 6, 2010

• You are really thinking of this in the wrong way. Your son will be fine in the first place. I'd be more worried about how your mom could cope with a clingy child. That being said I think they will both be fine and you need to consider what your son would go through if you were not here or were very sick. He would suffer much more for a more extended time in that case. This will be relatively short. How long will you be in the hospital confined to bed? As you recouperate you will be abl to be rolled down to where your kids are to see them and soon you will be at home where you can see them as you continue to get better. You may not be in full care of them but they will get used to grandma very quickly. I'd be thankful you are able to have this operation and be around to mother your children. Good Luck.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:39 AM on May. 6, 2010

• he's only clingy with me, he does okay with my mom but he looks for me, i don't want my mom or my son to be stressed and i'm kinda scared for my dd b/c my nephew (who mom has custody of) hits her sometimes , he is 10 she is 3.. i am blessed to have my mom and i love her dearly i just don't want to be away from my lil peanuts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Well if he does ok with your mom, then there is no issue. The issue is that YOU have separation anxiety and are clingy lol. Get the surgery done and over with, things will work out just fine :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:11 AM on May. 6, 2010