What age?

At what age should I start giving my daughter baby food she's turning 3 months on friday and i've already given her little tastes here and there and she's really likes it but im still not sure about it?

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 8:34 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nowadays they say not till 6 months.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 8:35 AM on May. 6, 2010

• my dd started on it when she was 3 months, my ds 4 months ... as long as she can sit up and take it from a spoon she'll be okay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I started cereal at 2 months, veggies at 3 months, and fruits at 4 months. And yes I did it all by spoon even that early. I don't believe in putting cereal in the bottles.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 8:46 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I started my dd on baby food when she was 7 mo. Introducing foods too early can create food sensitivites bc their digestive system is still developing.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

• None of mine had anything to eat other than milk until they could sit up on their own, reach out, pinch it between their fingers, place it in their mouth and chew. Baby needs nothing more than milk for the first year. Food before 1 is just for fun, it has no nutritional value, and if you over feed solids you take away nutrition they need to be getting from milk.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• my little one was 5 months when she started eating baby food, but she was mature enough to want it. It all depends on the baby. My MIL tried to give her baby food at 3 months, but she was'nt ready yet. I'd say, wait til she's able to sit up and shows an interest in baby food. But it's true, most doctors say to wait til around 6 months.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 9:02 AM on May. 6, 2010

• from what I've heard it's anywhere from 4-6 months, and they should be able to sit up on their own.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My son wasn't interested in solids until he was 10 months old. But everything I've heard and read says you can start introducing solids at 4 months for formula fed babies and 6 months for breastfed babies. JUST introduce--main source of nutrition should still be breastmilk or formula.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:01 AM on May. 6, 2010

• my son doctor told me it was ok for him to start baby food at 3 months but start with veggies first
    natalie686

Answer by natalie686 at 11:18 AM on May. 6, 2010

• tried at 4 months with my oldest - nasty gas, tummy cramps and constipation. stopped til 6 months to a MUCH better reactiong.

didn't even think about trying the other 2 on anything until 6 months.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:50 PM on May. 6, 2010