Is this appropriate? Needs opinions...

When I was about four years old my mom was sick and I had to stay with a family. They took me into their home and took care of my little sister and I like we were theirs. We kept in contact with them and stayed the night and they wound up being really good friends to our family. We actually say they are family. When I was 20, I got pregnant and had no family support. All I got was being forced into aborting but this family stepped in, took me into their home, made sure I went to school(even helped pay tuition), and Robin(the mother in the household) was in the labor and delivery room when I had my son. My question is, would it be okay to get her something for mothers day, like a pendant that says "mother?" No one could ever replace my mom. I miss her so much and love her. This lady took me in and played the role of a mother to me since I lost my mom so young. I still want to go to her grave and put flowers down. But I want

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 8:37 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• to show appreciation to someone who wasn't required to take care of me but did when I had no one else. Thank you for reading this long post.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:37 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I think it is.. Seeing the history you too have together and the motherly role she took on for you. I am sure she will cherish the gift.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:43 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Absolutely! She has been a mom to you, let her know you recognize it! A mom doesn't have to be the egg donor. Let her know that she's been so special to you & you recognize how much she's done for you.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:53 AM on May. 6, 2010

• it's totally appropriate! she was like a mother to you when you needed one!
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 8:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Aww how sweet. I like posts like this. You sound really appreciative if you do that.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:16 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I think that is a lovely thing to do and I'm positive that she would cherish your gift and the sentiment behind it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I think it's appropriate and she'll love the gift.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:29 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Absolutely appropriate!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I think that would be perfectly appropriate. You're right, noone can ever replace your biological mom, but this women took on that role at very crucial times in your life. I would be honored, if I were her, to receive something from someone who viewed me in such an honoring way. I say, do it!
    rainbowmomof4

Answer by rainbowmomof4 at 9:59 AM on May. 6, 2010

• It sounds just fine. This lady sounds incredible and it's absolutely appropriate to show her how much you appreciate her.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:08 AM on May. 6, 2010