Do moms blame OB-GYNs for their children's Autism?

And the other question would be can the prove it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Just curiouse WHY this question came up. As far as I know there would be no reason to ever blame an OB/GYN unless there was some concern with undisclosed to toxic exposure that could have triggered the syndrome.

Most people that I have spoken to beleive that it is either entirly genetics, or genetics triggered through an eviromental factor (like toxins), or caused by an enviromental factor *like toxins* ONLY (the people who beleive this are a very small minority though).
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:19 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If they do, something is wrong with them. It's genetic.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 6, 2010

• No. It's genetic.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I think Mom's with kids with disabilities want to blame anyone but themselves to lessen the guilt.. I feel it is genetic and parents just don't want to own up to that!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes other anon, because it's genetic and the parents fault. Like they could control it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 6, 2010

• So if you know you have a definite link to autism in your family, and you still have children, you're not at fault? I think you need to realize you're taking a huge chance... JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I am a parent of a child with autism and I know hundreds of other parents with children with an autism diagnosis and none of them, to my knowledge, blame their OBGYNs. In fact, most of the parents that I know personally blame a genetic predisposition combined with exposure to toxic environmental factors (and I don't mean vaccines) as the trigger for their children developing autism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My oldest has Autism. How would it be the ob/gyn's "fault" if my child has Autism? My ob/gyn is not my husband/childs father, he is not related to me by blood, he did not do genetic experiments on me or my unborn child, so what would he have done to 'cause' the Autism?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I would hope not.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Hey OP, whatever gave you the idea in the first place that moms of children with an ASD diagnosis would blame their OBs, of all people?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 6, 2010