seriously, does anyone know of a good work at home job. i really need to get a part-time job, but don't want to be away from my 2 year old all the time. help!!!

babsbny

Asked by babsbny at 9:16 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Watch a child or two in your home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• that's about it...I gave up on finding something I could do at home a while back
    good luck - I hope you can find something
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:36 AM on May. 6, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on May. 6, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is what I do from home. I've made good money with it, and it's really fun. I'm happy to help with any questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:08 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Hmmm I think i can help you.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:39 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You could have a home business ... many with minimal start up costs.

I do PrePaid Legal .. it's been a a great business for me and they offer daily direct deposit, so no waiting around for your money. Many of us CafeMoms are doing it and making money at it.

You can work the hours you want to work, be there for your child and still help with expenses.

Good luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:52 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I work from home and love it! We work with a very successful team, I'd love to help you stay home with your little one!
    Moriah

http://www.WorkingGreenMoms.com

Or shoot me a message and we can chat!
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You can sell Mary Kay or Avon.
    I work at a bakery, so the hours are very early and my kids are asleep for the most part.
    You can start up a small after school childcare. Its part time probably and you can still spend the first part of your day with your child. ALOT of moms out there need after school care.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:52 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I gave up looking as well. Alot of moms here do Prepaid Legal, Ameriplan and others which you have to pay a monthly fee. Or you have to do alot of selling to friends and family. Ugh I dont have the extra money to invest is something like that nor do I have any friends or family i would want to sell to. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly how you feel. I needed to do something to help us out financially as well, but I didn't want to leave my kids either. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and 14 month old daughter. I work from home. It's not a job, it's a business. I love what I do.

Visit my website, I think you might be interested in our team!

Erika

www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:21 PM on May. 6, 2010