Christians, Pagans, Muslims, Jews: If someone was able to take your god away from you, would you still be happy? Would you still feel worthy of life? Would you still feel fulfilled? Would you still have a purpose? You don't NEED god for any of that... you've only been lead to believe you do.

What do you think of statement like this? What are your answers to the questions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Excuse me?

I'm glad that a person that has the nerve to say such things doesn't have any kind of say in what my God says and does.

He is forever. Said so. The end.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:29 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My faith in my God is strong, I doubt anyone could ever take that away. BUT if they were able to, then I would probably still feel happy and worthy of life because of my children and my family. However I would feel lost, and would not feel the deep happiness and joy that I get from my faith and the sense of guidance I get from faith in God also. It is fine that some people believe that we who believe in God have just been led to think that our happiness depends on our faith. We who BELIEVE know it to be true. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I need God in my life and that is what matters most.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:32 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Lead by whom, may I ask? Why do so many people seem to think that we aren't able to decide which path to take for ourselves unless we choose one that doesn't include God (or for the others mentioned, another deity)? I became a Christian as an adult after searching on my own, I had no "leader" who forced me to believe or even vaguely implied that I needed God for any of those things mentioned in that statement. Before I became a Christian I was happy, I felt worthy of life, I was fulfilled, I felt I had a purpose...accepting Christ as my Savior simply enhanced those things. This statement was obviously made by an atheist, I always find statements like these interesting because those are the same people who so often accuse US of being close-minded etc. and then they generalize like that and leave no room for other ideas themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Goddess bless us all.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 10:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Really? She's obviously missing something in her own life. She has to be to be so filled with hate and to feel the need to go into every question that deals with God or Christianity and insult, bash, belittle and trash everything Christianity stands for (and yes others who believe in a higher power other than God as well). For somebody who supposedly feels so fulfilled and happy and has so much faith in herself she doesn't come off that way. Saying it as often as she does as well, who is she trying to convince? Methinks it's likely herself. But really, if that's what she needs to do to fill whatever void is in her life and putting others down is what she needs to do to feel better about herself and find some semblance of happiness and purpose for herself, I'm happy that I can be a part of making her day a little brighter :-) I know the truth about what and why I believe and her opinion doesn't matter in the big picture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I feel the same away that I do one anyone tries to force their religion or beliefs on me. I ignore them and walk away.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:50 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Well, Allah (SWT) can't be "taken" away, so this questions is pointless.
    Before I was Muslim, and after realizing Christianity was not for me, I went through an agnostic phase in my life.
    I had a purpose in my life, but I had anxiety about after that. There really was no purpose in my life, I was working towards goals, but for what?
    Then I started learning about Islam and it fit me.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:51 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Without God there is no life, no existence. No love. No pain. No happiness, no sorrow. HE created those things.
    BUT since it is a ridiculous question... IF that were remotely possible (it isn't), then I would find solace in my family and friends. But GOD is what makes my life as good as it is. I am blessed, I am loved unconditionally.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• If someone was able to take your god away from you, would you still be happy? Yes - a god does not define me or who I am
    Would you still feel worthy of life? Yes - again there is no god that fulfills me - I do this thru my actions
    Would you still feel fulfilled? Yes - I am fulfilled thru my life choices and family
    Would you still have a purpose? Yes - I have a job, a family, a great sense of who I am.
    Strange question though
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:03 AM on May. 6, 2010

• For I am convinced that neither death, nor life , neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of Yah that is in the Messiah Yahshua our King." Romans 8:38-39

That includes you anon and anyone who feels the way you do. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:27 AM on May. 6, 2010