Do contractions start as really bad cramps?

I woke up this morning with really bad cramps. I thought i meeded to use the bathroom but i tryed and nothing happend. Iv been sitting on the couch for an hour now and iv had two pretty strong contractions that i know were contractions and alot if very painful cramps.

Do you normally cramp inbetween contractions?
Im also 36+ wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when i have contractions, they start like that. but when i go to the bathroom, my body... displaces anything i've eaten. lol! like, diarrhea out the wazoo.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:31 AM on May. 6, 2010

• With my first two children I went into labor on my own, and that's exactly what my first contractions felt like...however they were timeable, and consistent. Eventully they progressed and intensified in pain and didn't feel like period cramps anymore.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:37 AM on May. 6, 2010

• i think it could be early labor, but remember, that can go on for weeks, or your baby could be here very soon! good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Are contractions timeable from the start? Or is it like one an hour then maybe three or four an hour then every ten mins? Kinda like that or are they just every few mins?
    Anonymous

• With my first baby, the contractions woke me up in the middle of the night. They felt like the worst menstrual cramps I've ever had. They were consistant and didn't stop, only got more painful and that was how I was sure it was true labor. With my second, I had those false labor contractions for two weeks at the end before I was induced.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:44 AM on May. 6, 2010

some women will have ctx like every 30 minutes for days or weeks. some will have them every few minutes, then go back to none. some will have a pattern where they start kind of far apart then gradually get closer together. it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy.

personally, i started having contractions that were so close together from the very start that i never even timed them. i think that's the lucky way. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Hi,
    When you have any cramps they could be contractions, but feel like cramps. Did you drink enough? sometimes dehydration cause cramping/contractions. If you can time your contractions do it. Also does your tummy feel hard when you have the contractions? If they don't stop check with you doctor. You should also lie down, not sit preferably on your sides not on back.
    i hope this helped.
    Szilvi

Answer by Szilvi at 10:35 AM on May. 6, 2010