As a Christian do you feel you are superior to others?

I am a Christian and I do not think more of myself than I do anyone else. I read my Bible verse of the day, and I thought of some of the "Christians" on here who are constantly putting others down and looking down upon the non-believers so I thought I would share it:

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you:
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think
of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has
distributed to each of you.' Romans 12:3

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 9:38 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well... getting back to the quesion asked. I feel sometimes a reader's opinion of a poster's answer makes the reader feel like the poster is being superior. A true Christian would never feel superior, becasue that is not part of the Christian thought. Christs message to us is clear... love others as you want to be loved. Our goal in life as Christians is to spread Christ's love to all though our thoughts, our actions and our attitude to others.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2010

• That is a good verse.
    But No i don't.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:47 AM on May. 6, 2010

• NO I don't, however, a few of the comments I have read from atheist the last few days has me thinking a few atheist feel superior to those who believe in God.

Calling those who believe in God mentally unstable, pieces of crud, lead to believe we must have faith in a god... all that is a mark of a person that feels superior
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• ^^^Report them anon. Over and over and over and over.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:11 AM on May. 6, 2010

• sometimes I do report them, but I feel so sorry for them it is hard. The words show so much pain in their life already why add to it? I just pray for them. really what more can we do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 6, 2010

• No. I think I'm trying to get through life and find some answers along the way just like a lot of people.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• @Jewjewbee~ You are permitted to your beliefs, us to ours... if I state that "Adults who have imaginary friends are mentally ill" it is not a reportable answer... Do I call christians pieces of crud? no... that one would be the anon who wants to stir the pot.
    You are entitled to your beliefs, but they do not supersede any other set of beliefs. To make a statement, as I just have, is NOT against CM policy, I am stating my own religious (or nonreligious- however you wish to look at it) belief.

In stating that I should be reported for having beliefs of my own, which do not coincide with those of the christian sects, it is exhibited as an outward sense of false superiority. *** Again, report away, but I have said NOTHING against CM policy. Actually, have been more respectful that some of the others here.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:29 AM on May. 6, 2010

• If you're not one to violate CM policy regarding religion, why did you feel the need to respond in this manner. I don't care what anyone thinks or does, I report alot, and let CM decide. If you're not one to violate, MYOB.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I may add, I report in all areas not just religion. So if you don't cross the line, my response is of no consequence to you.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:42 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Do I call christians pieces of crud? no... that one would be the anon who wants to stir the pot.

The person who said about crud did not post anon and I agree she just wants to stir the pot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 6, 2010