Did you ever have an ultrasound that was wrong at geussing the sex of the baby?

My friend had her ultrasound yesterday to find out the sex of her baby. But when she called she just said. They geussed it was a girl, but they arn't shure. Now shes kind of sad because she wants to know 100%, and says shes not going to buy alot, or even have a baby shower now, because it could still be a boy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, my first baby. They told me it was a girl, i think i was 16wks. My mom and I went crazy and started buying everything pink. EVERYTHING! Well at 8 months they did another ultrasound and the tech asked me if I knew what the baby was and I replied "Yes, a girl". She looked at me and said "well I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's a boy". My mom was upset. We had to take everything back. So my advice to her is don't buy anything yet. Get some things that are neutral or if she wants just make sure she saves all her receipts
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 9:53 AM on May. 6, 2010

• with my 1st they gave me a 70% chance of a girl, and they were 100% right, my second showed easy that she was a girl and now with my 3rd the ultrasound pic deffinetly looks all boy! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Well with my 1st they said "it could be a boy" (they were not sure as they did not have a very good view) and it turns out he was a boy. My 2nd you could not even see a baby shape, let alone tell what sex it was-- and that one was a boy too. With my 3rd I had amniocentesis done and that was 100% correct- it was a boy.  

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:08 AM on May. 6, 2010

• well at my Drs they said they will never say 100% because it can always be wrong and somehow that can open them to lawsuits lol....

but they were right for both of mine

but they told my mom I was a big boy...but it turned out I was a little ( 6 pounds) girl lol..and of course that was in the 80s
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:10 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I didn't but my husband's cousin did. they told her they couldn't tell, and she didn't even know up to birth, she did have a bby shower, it was yellow a uni-sex theme.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:10 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Both my SIL's were told they were going to have boys there first time and guess what came out. I never did an ultrasound to see the sex of the baby. I like the surprise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Yep, we were told our 2nd was 200% positively a boy. Yeah, way wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I didn't wan to know the sex of my baby. I had the best shower and got a TON of clothes. We had a boy, and if and when we have a girl I have clothes for her and won't need to buy a lot.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 12:43 PM on May. 6, 2010

• My friend isn't finding out the sex of her baby. She is having a shower but it's going to be about a month after the baby is born, kinda of like a meet and greet with close friends and family. Maybe your friend could plan something like that as well.
    Anonymous