Bullying?

If one 5 yr old girl calls another 5 year old girl, "fat," would you consider this bullying? At my daughters birthday party this weekend, this happened. Didn't involve my daughter, but when I referred to it as bullying, one of the mothers didn't agree...

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:43 AM on May. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is it a one time thing or is it constantly happening. A bully is a blustering, quarralsome, overbearing person who *habitually* badgers and intimidates smaller and weaker people. If this girl is doing this to the other one steadily then YES it is bullying..but she certainly shouldn't be saying something like that anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't think if it happened one time it is bullying. If she was doing this repeatedly then yes it would. All kids including ones who are bullied have made a rude or mean remark no one is perfect. The behavior should be corrected and people should move on. Targeting someone with rude remarks and hateful words is very different.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 9:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• if it is one time thing than I would say picking more than bullying. Bullying is relentless and constant.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:50 PM on May. 6, 2010