Does your husband want more kids?

My husband wants another baby, but I don't! We have six kids already...ages 6-15. I'm done, but he seems to think that he wants one more. It's so easy for him to say because he's not the one who has to gain weight, have the baby and stay at home. I'm suppose to be starting school in the fall and this will be a step back. I hate to be selfish, but I've been a SAHM since I was 16 1/2 and he's always worked. He seems to think that he can stay at home. He told me go ahead and go to school get your degree and then get a job and I'll stay at home. HUH? Hello we're gonna have another mouth to feed and butt to cover. Is he serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No mine doesn't, thank goodness. We have two and that is all we want. Your husband does not sound very realistic about any of this. I don't blame you and I don't think you're being selfish. You've been home a long time it sounds like and if you want to get out and finish your education, you absolutely should be able to do that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:48 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Don't do it! You already have so many and you don't want to resent the whole situation. My mom had too many kids and you can tell the difference between the older ones and the younger ones. Do what you want and he should be happy you already have a ton of kids, tell him in the next 7-10 years he'll get to be a grandpa and he can have his baby fix.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Hmmm does he know what it is like to be home with all the kids? I think it is time for a 'reality check' for him and he and take 2 days off work (in the summer when all the kids are home) and be SAHD while you go out out of the house (without kids) for the day. Maybe if he sees what it is like to run a household and take care of the kids he might realize that the 6 you have are enough to keep you busy. I would tell him that when HE can get pregnant, HE can have another baby.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:04 AM on May. 6, 2010

• He doesn't . I do
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:06 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Mine does but I don't want another one for 4-5 more yrs, he wants it now but we can't afford it and I HATED being prego (except for feeling the kicks) and I don't wanna be staying home with 2 young kids lol I want to finish school and work!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I think we both kinda want another! We have 4 now, but I am in the same boat. I want to go to school this fall sooooo Ijust dont know what to do!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:41 AM on May. 6, 2010

• No. We are both happy with our son. Plus I am finishing my BA soon and start grad school. If we have another one I will not be staying with him/her. Our son will be 4 years old next week and I like the stage we are in.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:45 AM on May. 6, 2010

• My bf does because he loves my kids from another relationship and he hasnt got any of his own. But im due in two weeks with my 3rd baby... I told him to let me finish baking this one and forget about how much labor sucks before even thinking about another!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:33 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Mom2Just1: you sound just like me, only my son is 5. :-)
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 11:50 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes he wants 5.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:24 PM on May. 6, 2010