How often do you vacuum your home?

This can be anonymous. So please be 100% honest. I have a ton of friends who claim to vacuum their homes daily. Even as a stay at home mom, this seems daunting. So I'm wondering if they may be exaggerating. How often do you vacuum your home? Daily? Weekly? Bi-weekly? Less often than that?

looselylucid

Asked by looselylucid at 10:05 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• most of the time it is daily...unless I go out that day then I might skip a day.....sometimes it is more than once a day in our tv room there is usually a popcorn spill or something that needs vaccumed lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:07 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I never vacuum as I have wood, linoleum and tile floors.

sweeping

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I want it to be DONE daily, but I don't like to actually do it =p I vacuum every 2-3 days cause it's hard to find time. But I can't skip it since I have a toddler, 4 furry pets, and allergies.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:11 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I try to do it daily, At least the living room/dining room area. Unless it is a day that I just DO NOT feel like doing it or I was out a lot that day. I mop daily also, But i only scrub the floors in the kitchen and bathroom weekly.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:13 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Honestly, I am OCD about floors... I CAN NOT stand to look down and see anything but the floor, or it gives me the willies. Some days I vacuum morning and afternoon/evening, if the kids have been in and out a lot. And they are required to clean all of their crumbs off of the table & chairs, and sweep the dining room floor after every snack/meal. I also sweep the kitchen as needed, which can be 6-8 times a day, depending on how much I have baked/cooked, or the in/out traffic... It is in the front of the home, next to our front door, and I would be so embarrassed if someone popped in and they saw dirt and crumbs all over the floor!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:17 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I vacuum the living room and dining room daily, I vacuum the bedrooms pretty much once or twice a month or when needed, I mop the kitchen and bathrooms weekly or when needed
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:18 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Bedrooms have carpet, 2 of them stay closed throughout the day so they get vacuumed 1-2 times/week. The master bedroom gets vacuumed daily, we have 3 large furry family members that sleep on the floor in there every night and it gets hairy pretty fast. The rest of the house is hardwood and it gets vacuumed daily, I don't sweep, then I just feel like it gets thrown everywhere. So there ya have it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• i dont have any kids (yet) and no pets either. we have a 3 level town house. so i vacuum the kitchen area (which has hardwood but yes i still vacuum it anyways, seems easier) and family room almost everyother day. sometimes daily or sometimes after 2-3 days. but the basement and upper level (where the bedrooms are) , i do that after a week. sometimes after 1.5-2 weeks if it looks cleans and presentable ..
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:19 AM on May. 6, 2010

• BTW- it's not that I have the tine to do it, I MAKE the time. Just like time for baking, playing with the kids, getting some sun, scrubbing the shower, doing laundry, sewing... You have to get into a routine, so the day flows. Otherwise nothing gets done. I'm done with all the heavy house work by 11-12 when the boys take their nap, then I either read, catch some sun, write, crochet, etc. for an hour... It's my peaceful time.
    Our day is always crammed, but I have to make priority out of getting things like vacuuming done. Carpet harbors EVERYTHING, mold, bacteria, viruses, dust mites... ew!!! we have allergy issues to cope with too, so it is a necessity!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:20 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I vac and mop floors 1-2 times a week !!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 10:30 AM on May. 6, 2010